About Woodrow Wilson High School
Our Mission Statement
Woodrow Wilson High School aims to expand opportunities to students by developing an exemplary program which will include the rigorous study of traditional discipline and educating the whole person so that students become life-long learners, self-aware and compassionate thinkers, and informed participants in both local and world affairs.
Woodrow Wilson High School will encourage and foster a culture so that students are more accepting of cultural diversity and continue to develop an international perspective. Woodrow Wilson High School will encourage students in an urban setting to set high standards so that they can become ambassadors and learn from other students across the world as they become active, compassionate global citizens.
Mr. Ewing will be delighted to meet you and share his optimism for Woodrow's future! To make an appointment with Mr. Ewing please call the main office at (972) 502-4400 or contact the office manager Ms Minerva Flores at email@example.com
Mr. Ewing comes to Woodrow with experience as a middle school principal, associate principal, assistant principal, bilingual elementary teacher, high school teacher and football and baseball coach. A graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma (Bachelor's Degree in Spanish and Public Relations) and Texas A&M University (Masters of Education in Educational Administration). Mr. Ewing is a highly respected educational leader known for his inclusiveness, curricular knowledge, public relations and professionalism. His resume includes the following accomplishments:
- Principal, Armstrong Middle School, Plano Independent School District, Plano, Texas
- Assistant Principal, Jasper and Plano East High School, Plano Independent School District, Plano, Texas
- Assistant Principal, O.D. Wyatt High School, Fort Worth Independent School District, Fort Worth, Texas
- Spanish Teacher, Garland High School, Garland Independent School District, Garland, Texas
- Football and Baseball Coach, Garland High School, Garland Independent School District, Garland, Texas
- 5th Grade Bilingual Teacher, Heather Glenn ES and Watson ES, Garland Independent School District, Garland, Texas
- Spanish Teacher, 9th Grade Center Lake Highlands HS, Richardson Independent School District , Garland, Texas
- ESL Teacher, Olympic Heights High School, Palm Beach County School District, Boca Raton, Florida
- Instructional Coach, Plano Independent School District, Plano, Texas
- Outstanding Achievement in a Foreign Language (University of Central Oklahoma),
- First Place Oklahoma State History Contest (Brown v. Board of Education),
- Texas Music Educators' Association Distinguished Administrator,
- National Dean's List.
Woodrow Wilson High School has implemented four academies from which students may choose as their primary area of academic focus:
- Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Academy of Business, Finance & Entrepreneurship
- Creative and Performing Arts Academy CAPA
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program Academy
The students in these academies will gain knowledge and skills specific to their post-secondary education and in the world of work, while still benefiting from the activities and programs offered within a comprehensive high school setting.