Senior Parking Lot Painting Party
A $25 parking permit is required along with a signed parking expectations agreement. See Mr. Wood to sign parking forms the day of painting, payment will occur upon return to campus.
- There are 5 separate opportunities to paint your parking space this summer.
- A Sign-Up Genius will be sent for you to register for one of these 5 slots.
- You must register for BOTH a Prep and a Paint slot.
- 22 students per slot. You are allowed a maximum of 2 helpers.
- If one of these dates does not fit with your schedule, or your level of comfort, we will arrange for a later date. This event is voluntary.
- We ask your support in keeping with CDC and DCHHS recommendations to:
- wear a mask
- bring your own water and hand sanitizer
- social distance and stay at least 6 ft. away from others (2 arm-lengths)
- do not gather in groups
- be aware of respiratory etiquette
#1 Friday, Aug.7th 6 p.m. PREP ~ Saturday, Aug.8th 7 a.m. PAINT
#2 Saturday, Aug.8th 6 p.m. PREP ~ Sunday, Aug. 9th 7 a.m. PAINT
#3 Friday, Aug.14th 6 p.m. PREP ~ Saturday, Aug.15th 7 a.m. PAINT
#4 Saturday, Aug.15th 6 p.m. PREP ~ Sunday, Aug.16th 7 a.m. PAINT
#5 Friday, Aug. 21st 6 p.m. PREP ~ Saturday, Aug.22nd 7 a.m. PAINT
Your design needs to be emailed to the PTA by August 1st for approval: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRASH BAGS, TRASH BAGS and MORE TRASH BAGS. You must take all your trash home with you!
- Bring all your own supplies: buckets, paint, paint trays, long-handled rollers, brushes, tape, sponges, chalk, etc.
- If you are using sponge brushes, bring a lot! They will tear easily on the concrete.
- YOU CANNOT SHARE SUPPLIES. Bring an extra bucket to stash/carry supplies.
- Use Latex Exterior primer to cover last year’s art work. Expect to use a gallon.
- All paint for designs must be Latex-Based paint. No spray paint or oil-based paint.
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS at Mockingbird and Abrams will give all Woodrow students a 40% discount on your paint purchases. Just tell them you are with Woodrow Wilson High School when you buy your paint.
- HOME DEPOT also has competitively priced options. Do your pricing research!
Parking spaces are slightly different in size. The average is 9’ feet across x 18’ feet long. Reminders:
- There will be a map of the spaces and purchasers on site.
- Your spot comes AS IS. There could be potholes, old paint that won’t come off, or it may be uneven. Sorry but we can’t repair any spots.
- Plan on scraping off old paint. Metal scrapers work best.
- You MUST cover the yellow stripes that outline the spaces with tape.
- It takes several hours to dry. Do not wait until your Paint Day.
- Bring a Broom - You don't want to paint on dirt.
- Use Latex Exterior primer, and make sure it's 100% dry before moving to painting.
- Bring Chalk to sketch out your design.
- If you are changing colors and need to clean your brushes, bring water and a bucket. There is no water source.
- Your paint needs to dry completely before adding a new color on top or they will mix.
- Having some helpers available is a good idea! You are allowed a maximum of 2.
- You may want to bring a pop-up tent or umbrella, and plenty of sunscreen.
- Bring a cooler with ice and water ~ it will be HOT!
- Bring Trash Bags - You must take all your trash home with you!
Have FUN, Social Distance, Wear a Mask, and …..
CLEAN UP EVERYTHING FROM YOUR SPOT WHEN YOU’VE FINISHED!
THIS INCLUDES PAINT, ROLLERS, TAPE, WATER BOTTLES. ALL TRASH.
EXPECT TO TAKE IT IN YOUR CAR. THE DUMPSTERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
Remember to bring plenty of your own water!
Please read the important documents below regarding senior parking: